And we encourage others to do the same!
The terrestrial sequestration role and the abilities of mature forestry are logically definable and correlated to climate-changing conditions. The correlations demonstrate how we accomplished biome modification globally with human domestication’s demand-driven forestry practices. It is not emissions alone; emissions are found to be only 8% of the problem (but still significant). However, today's CO2 sequestration problem is the remaining 92% of “mitigating” or curing CO2-driven climate change. That is because global trees (or forests) can be summarized as only containing 3-5% of 100+ years of maturity. Tree maturity is demonstrated proportional to its sequestration ability. Immature trees make up 85-95% of global forests. They can only sequester tens of pounds of CO2 annually. In contrast, mature trees can sequester hundreds or thousands of pounds of CO2 annually. Climate Change comes from CO2 sequestration's decline globally, leading back to human domestication, ongoing forestry demand, and its effect on tree maturity.
Yes, a cure for climate change is what we found. Ultimately, CO2 sequestration is the Prometheus gift to ending CO2-driven climate change conditions. FMS proves it in more than one way.
"Full Mitigation Science" or FMS is a scientific study by Timothy C. Thompson. FMS uses fundamental physical laws and improved definitions to detail climate change's origin, timelines, and mitigation. The study focuses on correlations between Earth's CO2 sinks, atmospheric CO2 ppm, and human demand for forestry. Exploring climate change as an environmental changing condition and not entirely emission-based allowed FMS to conclude that human influence on global forestry environments formed a constant impeding of naturally occurring CO2 sinks. The harvesting of younger and immature trees impedes those sinks. Furthermore, more efficient uses of existing sinks (increasing tree maturity) could absorb all the metric tonnes of naturally occurring and human-released CO2 emissions annually. Since atmospheric CO2 is the foundation of climate change, the mitigation prescription FMS stresses is restoring the balance between sequestration and emissions. FMS concludes this restoration is more than possible. and proposes multiple ways to beat CO2 driven climate change.
FMS stewardship allows trees to grow and mature for generations, not just decades. That is unlike today's demand-driven forestry practices. Globally, if a tree matures to age 40 before harvest, it is a rarity. To make a difference in climate change it must be allowed to mature.
Take the FMS Tour, click below
Your generous one-time or monthly donation funds our mission to end climate change, permanently. 100% of all funds are applied to making FMS the reality we all need to win.